Sunday, February 28, 2010

Tierd Anyone???

Well I have two of the sweetest children on the planet! Rohnin really only cries, literally, when I don't feed him fast enough or when he is hungry or when he wasn't finished eating...do you get the idea yet? He really doesn't ever cry...which is amazing! He is quite the little eater too...we figured it out one night after the little guy plowed through another feeding and was still famished...yes, he ended up eating like 5oz. within an hour! I really don't know where it all gets stored either... B-U-T he sure does LOVE to eat! Art and I can't stop admiring him because he is so gosh darn cute and hopefully this week we will go get some baby pictures done this week while my mother is still here!

This next little bit is for my own safe keeping!

Although I was really bummed about not getting induced the 12th I am EXTREMELY grateful that I did not! Being that sick and then having to push out Rohnin and being sick would have been miserable... I am so glad it all happened when it did...Art gave me a blessing while I was sick and the whole reason I wanted the blessing was because I was so sick...but apparently the Lord knew best...because both men made mistakes in the blessing and then Arthur didn't even state anything about getting better...go figure I guess there was a reason for everything in the end! Soo once at the hospital I was attempting to check in but found out that my doctor had accidentally scheduled me at the wrong hospital so after waitiing about an hour the nursing staff brought me back and got us situated! I found out that I was having back labor/contractions and that was interesting until the wonderful epidural was injected! It was all smooth sailing from there! Towards the end as the pressure started mounting though I was really trying to push but because my body was literally jello from the epidural I had no strength or focus as to where I should be pushing. It was a little scary and I felt worried I couldn't perform in the end and started praying and crying and after we turned off the epidural and roughly 20 minutes later Rohnin entered the world 5:27pm healthy and quiet! He really is a wonderful baby and Addy although not sleeping normally due to adjusting but she give sweet kisses and loves seeing him in the morning!

While I was in the hospital my wonderful in laws stayed at our place and watched Addy and then left on Friday. With both babies I have had group B strep and had to stay in the hospital for 48 hours after delivery to monitor and both babies became jaundice on the 2nd day Addy was bad and had to stay an extra two days and Rohnin, because I supplemented with formula, did a TON better and we were discharged on Wednesday! All of my nurses were amazing, my favorite though was Cheryl who came each day after delivery and checked on my and stayed and visited for a while, which was always fun! She was also a lactation nurse so when I came back a week later to get his heal test done I visited with some of the nursing staff who generously stocked me up with gifts, again, and did nothing but compliment Rohnin and I on how good we both looked, I L-O-V-E-D my hospital stay at Saint Rose Del Lima it was amazing, minus the bathroom!

SOOO other than lack of sleep and well adjusting to two children, life is sweet mainly because my wonderful mother being here helping me with the odds and ends of keeping house and everything else and my incredible husband and children! I feel pretty blessed these days to have two beautiful, healthy, normal children and such a hard working companion by my side encouraging me! The next adventure is finding out on the 16th of March where we will be living for the next 5 years...wish us luck! Life is very busy these days, but, very rewarding and fun, balancing play time, cooing with the little guy, and smiling because I know I am very blessed!

5 comments:

Ashley Harris said...

Ok, I loved this post but if you don't post pictures on your next post I'm going to be pretty disappointed! I liked reading your birth story and I'm so glad it all went smoothly. How nice that your mom is still there! Oh, and I can't wait to find out where you're moving - I hope these next 2 weeks go by quickly for you!

Seegmiller Six said...

Jamie - So glad you are doing well! He is such a cutie! I'm glad your mom is there to help! - and I don't want you to go anywhere! (guess I won't win that one.) :) congrats and keep up the good work - you are amazing!

Anjalique said...

Jamie, I'm so happy for you and the fam! He looks like an angel! I've been wanting to call you, thinking, "She's got to have had him by now." But my phone got damaged and I lost my contacts. It finally dawned on me to check your blog.

Congratulations again! (How did you decide on the name? I like it!)

xoxo,
Anjalique

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your new babe Jamie! He is so handsome!! I am so excited for you!!
p.s. this is Camille writing, not Brian :)

Emilee said...

oh jamie, your littelg uys os so sweet and cute! both kids are really! glad you are ok. hang in there. the adjustment to 2 was tough at frist but actually easier to have 2 kids in the end: they play together. anyway! congrats! love ya!