
I am soo very thankful to our loving Heavenly Father, who cares for each one of us and our individual needs here on earth... I am grateful for amazing grandfathers who have set the stage for those who follow, through their diligence, hard work, determination and love. Who were and will always be the kind of example we all strive to be like!

Art's Grandpa Baird, Richard "Dick" Baird, passed away from this life... to the next... today 11/09/2011, leaving behind his sweet wife, children, grandchildren and great grand children. He was one of the sweetest most loving grandpa's one could ask for...

Boy was he a sharp one, when he spoke to Addy the kindness and love shown thru and you could see the pride and admiration he had for Arthur and his family! My sweetest memories of him were quietly sitting, content with the world, breaking walnuts from his walnut tree in his backyard! I LOVED watching him interact with Addison, it made me yearn for my own dear grandfather, yet reminding me of the great love, I felt for this great man of whom I only had the privilege of seeing and being around only a handful of times...Personally, I think Art was blessed with many of his Grandpa Baird's genetics and it was ALWAYS fun for me to see the two together, and compare their similarities and differences! Yet each time held a lasting, beautiful memory close to my heart...his smile spoke volumes, and his love...endless!!!

He truly was one of the most genuine, sincere, and sweetest grandpas... quiet, yet you hung on every word when he spoke...I hold a special place in my heart for grandpas, maybe because I felt I lost mine too soon, only having one AMAZING grandpa... My heart is sad, yet my spirit is soo grateful, for his parting, ONLY, because he had been hanging in there for soooo very long, we were all worried about him in the end, praying that he not be in any pain...It honestly was a sad yet great blessing that our Heavenly Father answered our prayers in allowing this great and amazing man to be at some much needed, pain free, rest!

This was one of the BIG discussions Art and I had before starting medical school and then residency...OUR worries were for the loved ones we would not be able to see or visit while in this program, I can tell you it was a difficult decision because we both knew that family events, and death are a big part of this life and being this far away from family was going to be a challenge when it came to family reunions, funerals and weddings, the moments one does NOT want to miss out on...

I think Art and I both have questioned the choice in the field of medicine he chose,
ONLY BECAUSE it was moving our young growing family soo very far away from extended family... We knew we would not be able to make it back for many things...this next week is a VERY busy week for Art, only because there will be so many off or away at a conference...we are both at a loss of words, we both are feeling the pain of loosing a very dear and sweet loved one, we both are wishing we could just hop on a plane and be there to support our family and loved ones...I pray that our prayers are heard and answered in regards to at least allowing Art the honor of attending his grandpa's funeral...

Oh Grandpa Baird you hold a dear and special place in all our hearts and you will be thought of and missed greatly...God BE With You Till We Meet Again...
3 comments:
Jamie and Art. I am so sorry for your loss. Isn't it wonderful to have the gospel.
So sorry for your loss. What a sweet tribute to Art's grandpa and what great pictures. I'm sure you will treasure these throughout your lives.
So sorry for your loss and the distance that seperates you from those you long to be with. I'm sure though that your love is felt despite the distance. Take care.
Post a Comment