Soo I have been sick since the end of September with what felt like just about EVERYTHING and couldn't seem too get rid of this dang fever...I had seen my doctor several different times in hopes of a quick recovery, had 3 different blessings of which reminded me I needed to rest BUT then when I started wheezing over this past weekend I realized I may be in trouble, I asked Art to listen to my lungs and he said my lungs did not sound good...On Monday I paid yet another visit to my doctor to confirm what Art found...Yep pneumonia...and my lungs were in very bad shape, but since I am pregnant they could not do a chest x-ray to see how bad they were...it has been scary on a number of levels each day praying my lungs cleared up, praying the baby be safe and protected, daily doctor visits, daily shots, nebulizer treatments, and lots of sleep, rest and cough medicine...My doctor started making preparations on Tuesday to commit me to the hospital in fear of how bad I was getting, and that my friends is when I needed a little extra help in the prayer department, and turned to several of you for some extra prayers... which I am sooo happy to report helped in countless ways, I am a long way from being back to myself again BUT what a sweet reminder of how asking others for prayers and help truly can be a wonderful blessing and miracle... ...I am grateful to my hubby for convincing my doctor not to commit me on Tues. to the hospital, but monitored me from home, and being my own personal nurse and doctor from my own bed, although I dislike the breathing treatments I am grateful we had a nebulizer, of our own, which has helped my lungs amazingly...My doctor was happy to report Wednesday that I had turned a small page in my recovery and I know that this would not have been possible had it not been for my amazing hubby, prayers from my friends and my wonderful in-laws...I am soo grateful for my in-laws who have been in town for Art's vacation this week, who have watched and cared for my children when I could not...Today was the first day I did not have to get a very painful shot, or go see my doctor and I AM GRATEFUL...I guess it will be a long time before I feel like myself again BUT am grateful for modern meds that have helped me slowly mend from this debilitating illness...It is a day to day process with pneumonia, and have to be soo very careful to not over do it...I go see my ob doctor next week to check on my sweet little pearl, who has hopefully and prayerfully not been affected by the meds and turmoil my body has been under this week...
I am also so grateful to the sweet friends and sisters in our ward here who have sent texts and called checking on me, for the meals, the prayers, and love I have felt from each of you, thank you...it truly has been a blessing and a gift, in this week of fear and uncertainty! I am grateful to a loving Heavenly Father for his reminders of how, even though it is not always the right timing for family visits, sickness wise,...The visits are a miracle of service and love, patience and kindness to the fullest degree!!! My in-laws have to go home tomorrow and I have shed tears several time today just thinking about that...I missed my own mother a great deal this week, BUT was blessed with a very loving mother in law who cared and watched after my children, as if they were her own this week! It has been crazy, but I am soo very grateful for the little and big blessings I have seen and been blessed with personally this week!! I also have a new appreciation for my lungs and breathing since it has been under attack... this long week AND for my children of whom I could not care for, Addy had to come in to say sorry for eating my pie and I was, oddly, grateful she did and asked if she enjoyed it! For their smiles and laughter their tears and hugs, when you can't play mom well I am just soo grateful they were in the care of their ever loving grandparents! Addy started crying tonight not wanting them to go, and I couldn't help but start crying in the prayer I was saying in trying to help us all be strong in letting them go back to their own home tomorrow...THEY WILL BE MISSED TERRIBLY BY US ALL....
Well I have been putting off the second part of my breathing treatment, and have run out of thing to say soooooo I guess I have to finish what I started, we love and miss you all back home in Arizona and in Vegas and do me a favor, since realizing the power and blessing of prayers PLEASE PRAY THAT MY BODY WILL MEND A LITTLE FASTER...I am ready to be well again BUT may need a little assistance in the coming weeks!! Thank you again for the love and support! I will have pictures to post next time!!!
MAY 2024
2 years ago





2 comments:
Oh Jamie! I am so sorry. That is horrible to feel SO sick! I wish I could come rescue you too. We send our prayers and love from Texas!
Jamie!!!!!! I can't believe you are going through all that. I wish I was there to take your babies everyday and make you some soup in a good soup bowl. Take care of yourself and the lord will do the rest. We love you and your family and hope that all gets better much faster!
Post a Comment