As I was in my room working on some church stuff, I over heard Addy saying this to Art in reference to "Mary Poppins" She was VERY distraught over the fact that her daddy would turn on such an old movie, that she ran into her bedroom in tears...Soon after she came in pleading with me that she is medium size and only watches kid shows, with a whinnying tone, no less! "Dad's being bossy." "Its not Fair" oh boy today is going to be an interesting day!
Before I forget the precious moment, I was reading another friends blog on cherishing the snuggle moments and it reminded me of the one I had last night! Art was bringing the kids in to say goodnight and Rohnin, my little cuddle monkey, laid down in my arms and didn't move for the next 45 minutes, I sang to him and rubbed his back etc. and it was such a wonderful mommy moment I needed... I have had a lot on my plate and was soo grateful for that moment...He is our busy little monkey, yet anytime I am crying or in pain he is usually the first to respond...I think he knew his mamma needed some extra comforting last night, and as I am thinking of this sweet memory tears are forming, because I am grateful that my son is sensitive to the spirit in so many ways, he is a mamma's boy and I AM thankful for that! More times than not I find myself having to stop whatever I am doing to comfort or hold my growing little boy! Life is way to crazy and as mothers we forget the little moments...So I really am Grateful to my friend, Andrea S., For reminding me to stop and remember how incredible they can be!
******SIDE NOTE this next part may not be for the "MEN" reading this blog BUT this IS the way I store my thoughts, pictures and memories, so please be mindful, I am sharing a special moment and If you don't choose/wish to read about "nursing time"... STOP NOW!!!
I am, sadly, FINALLY a week away from officially being DONE with nursing my 18 1/2 month old...Why did it take so long...He wasn't ready...AND probably never will be...THAT and a long time ago my sister had made a valid comment concerning the subject! She had said that out of all her kids, her last one, of whom she too had nursed until she was 18 months, was the healthiest and had not gotten as sick as her other 3 children, I had wanted to nurse Addy for that long but we were both ready for her to be done at 14 months...But I also have to admit that a big part of me L-O-V-E-S my sweet bonding moments during our little time together, that a big part of me needed those moments alone with connecting and realizing how I loved that time together as a mother, I was not ready to end this BIG portion of my life...There were many times I wanted to stop, It was a tough process at times, BUT from the very beginning, After hearing many various stories of young mothers not being able to nurse due to complications or pain, or sadly NOT wanting to nurse, due to the time it takes away from the busy life we all lead, I realized how important nursing was to me and my child...I am sooo grateful I do not have any problems other than the occasional infection or biting, I really have cherished those precious moments. They have made me literally stop, whatever it was, I was consumed with to rock and admire my beautiful sweet babies...I also believe that it has created a stronger bond, for the time being, with Rohnin...
Last night I realized WAY to soon I will not get very many opportunities like this cuddling moment, that soon just like his big sister, those moments will be few and far between...It has really made me ponder on How special and Blessed I was to make it this far in nursing Rohnin, how each time I had tried to stop.. Both of my kiddos had gotten sick, at different times of course, but that also showed me that we all needed just a little more time together to connect and bond with each other... This life has a way of flying by and I am so grateful for the moment I took in remembering some of the cherished and sweetest moments, I have had with my sweet children, have been in the arms of love!
MAY 2024
2 years ago





2 comments:
That's sweet. People are already asking me when I am going to be done nursing Griffin (he's only 6 months old...) and I don't know since he is my last baby, it's hard to give up those sweet quiet moments when it is just him and I. They are few and far between!
So wait, are you pregnant?! Is that what "another Hatch on board" means?!?!
Thanks Jamie! words well said and sometimes we all need to be reminded! I cherished my nursing memories too and am so glad I was able to nurse mine...it really is a special time for bonding.
Post a Comment