So just as Arthur, Addy, & I are recovering from a HORRIBLE Gut Retching stomach virus, Addy starts getting a fever last Saturday! 101.4 no big deal right...Wrong she continues to have a fever until it peeks Monday night to 103.5, OH, Just a HUGE scare...I had to get Art up because I wasn't feeling to great myself, soo we stripped her down naked, took off her diaper, and attempted to get her fever down, while she watched Barney. I tried to keep an ice pack on her head, POOR ART, when Addy is sick all she wants is mommy and he is left worrying and pacing. The Tylenol Finally starts to kick in around 2:30am, her Fever has come down to 102, but she is starting to act more like our Addy! We all go to bed, Addy wakes up at 8am with a high fever again, so I take her into her doc. She still has a temperature of 103.2 soo the doc. wanted some tests, a mouth culture, urine sample, & she gets two shots in each leg. No ear infection, very light congestion, and her throat is red...After Finally getting Addy to drink and urinate, 20 minutes later the Doc. confirms a U.T.I. urinary track infection... We got there at 11:30am and left a little after 2:30pm! I think I was just grateful to be there under a Doctors care until Addy's temperature went down! Talk about a little stressful. My good girlfriend Katie J. is going through the exact same thing with her little 18 month-er, Paisley, one of Addy's good girlfriends. Katie said I was in for a LONG 10 days...She was right...she doesn't take naps very well, she is up two to three times a night, she is a grouch gettin in to trouble most days, it took almost a week for her to poop again, poor thing, I know she is hurting inside, she is really struggling with Everything these days, she only wants me to hold her, freaks out a lot more than normal, and poor Art has been placed on Addy's back burner almost everyday...NOT FUN!
My Sweet in-laws came into town on Friday morning, and so naturally Addy CLUNG to my mother-in-law for the weekend! The first night they stayed here Addy woke up at like 1:30 and had a HORRIBLE time, Art started to do a breathing treatment with her SCREAMING until I came in and started to sing in her ear while she watched Barney still trying to push my arm away, Poor Art was beside himself, I felt bad because the dang walls are thin and my poor in-laws, to say the least, didn't sleep to well that night either! We all stayed around here most of Saturday and just relaxed with our in-laws reading & talking, we had an incredible steak dinner, watched a good movie, stayied up late talking. It was a wonderful day! Sunday morning, after yet another couple of wake-ups from Addy, & TWO dirty diapers later, I slept in and didn't get to say good bye to my in-laws! Thank you Peggy and Rick for coming up and spending time with us, it was a nice little treat for us, we truly enjoyed your company, your gifts, and help! Art told me that our sweet little Addy started crying once she realized her grandparents were leaving, and kept it up fora little while after wards, she sure loves both sets of her wonderful grandparents! Awe if only we weren't this far apart! One day right! Who knows! We really didn't want to venture into nursery just yet, I would really just like Addy to get through all of this crap, so She and Art, who is also under the weather as well, stayed home from church!
--On a lighter note Art is starting a different rotation with a private internal medicine doctor on Tuesday, Addy is hopefully through the worst of it all, and I am "happily" being tested for all the allergy and sinus crap I have been enduring since we moved here...Hopefully this will help clear up the chronic sinusitis, and constant sinus infections I have had FOREVER! WOO HOO!
Thank you to all the invites to the Super Bowl parties, we are sorry about not being able to make it to your Parties Katie, and Jamie, I am positive you had a great turn out with lots of fun and we are very sorry we couldn't make it to either...Art was not feeling to great today, and due to the eventful circumstances of the day & week, we enjoyed a somewhat quiet night with our neighbors next door, watching a great game with a sad ending...Better Luck next time Cardinals, they did play a Fantastic game though! Thanks again for the dinner Kyleen!
I also wanted to say a big thank you, again, to you Katie J. for all of your support and phone calls this week, I am really going to miss you guys A TON... you are such an incredible friend and have been soo great to us all it is going to be soo sad when you move...Oh, and then for watching Addy while I got my first professional haircut for the first time since living here, and then after all of this, for the sweet invite to you party, sorry again for not making it to your party, I owe ya one Katie. I really hope and pray Paisley starts to feel a little better and starts sleeping in her own bed without all of the screaming, & artful designs." Hang in there! Please Plan on me taking Paisley this week...its time for your time out!
Thank you too, Katti H. it was great getting to know ya a little better Katti, you are such a sweet heart and I really like my hair cut, it has been long over due! Katti is another cute gal in my ward who has a little girl, Lidia, who is 3 or 4 days older than Addy, & is super cute & sweet!
Sorry for the saga, I guess, life just keeps getting better...
MAY 2024
2 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment