Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Beginning the packing for our "Partial" move, Abram, & January hiccups!

 So could this little stinker be any cuter...Well it is a good thing he is or his butt may be red more often...
 This is HIS chair if Rohnin forgets and goes to sit in it...well he is right there giving him a pushing eviction notice, along with a few smacks...
 I mean seriously...look at those convincing eyes!!! Today for instance while playing outside Addy yells out that he bit her...or like the other day, the day right after we packed up more than half our crap...)I mean belongings...to have my wonderful in-laws drive a Penske Truck along with our bronco back to AZ for us)...he decides to play in the white crafters paint I had up hi on a counter, so I thought, in his bedroom, and by play I mean dump paint all over his feet and the carpet!!!
 But man when this little guy giggles you can't help but smile or laugh! When he lays his head down on ya to cuddle and stays there...well it is TRULY a blessing, that reminds me that he is still learning and growing in so many curious ways! I love watching his busy little mind think! He is so very smart and curious as to how everything fits together and oh, I can give him silver wear and he will put it in the dishwasher happy to help! Yep a blessing!
 But I am reminded of the simple little things in life that make a laugh... a laugh and I am thankful that each one of my children remind me of that each day!
 Like how this other little cutie, you know behind my sweet and beautiful Addison just ABSOLUTELY Adores his big sister and can NOT handle it when she wants to go play with other friends with out him...I just love it when my kids play well together...it is magic!

 It is a beautiful reminder of how wonderful life can be when we let the big things go and focus on the little right in front of us! We have our good days and bad but at the end of the day we are a family! A family that loves to wrestle with one another, play in bins that we dump out to make better us of it!

 A family that jumps and plays on top of one another!
 Attempting NOT to hurt anyone in the process!!!
 He watches T.V. when mom is cleaning up dinner while dad is falling asleep after a long day at work!
 Or dances to a song in their "super" p.j.'s!
 Giving hugs and loves when needed...
 Or checking to make sure everything is where it should be!

 We love our movie nights with popcorn, even when we miss our daddy who works to very hard to keep these hungry silly kiddos fed and happy! Yet still having to work a call schedule 3 days out of the month...
 Which may not seem like a lot BUT to us it is...because it is one less day we get to share with their wonderful daddy and hubby...we miss him tremendously... I Love to watch the children react the next day when they get to see him after his night away...they are ALWAYS excited and just don't want to stay away from his side!
 Yes I love having this little trouble maker around...
 along with my other little rascals that keep us on our toes, yet brighten every single day with laughter, smiles or hugs! This happened to be the only Sunday we were able to attend within a month and then the boys got sick the following Thursday with respiratory infections, and croup that kept us all laying low for an additional 3 weeks...yep...it was a scary illness kind of venture!
 For the beauty they bring to our home and the love they spread to others...I am a pretty lucky gal...I have some pretty amazing children!
 Yes they find more fun with boxes than toys... paint with poop... tease... cry... and yell at one another...
 But hey no one is perfect...but that is why we are all here... to learn and grow and gain the knowledge it takes to wake up each day with a better attitude towards life and learning!
 I am in NO WAY perfect nor have I mastered the "art" of being the ideal wife, mother, daughter, or sister...my house has not been clean and my in-laws recently saw it at its VERY WORST...but I had to get over it...keeping everyone happy and fed, while packing and dealing with way too much illness was well a bit much for two whole months... and I had to ask for help once I recognized I could not get were I needed to be with out it!
 So my house was messy and unorganized and crazy for a bit...I had to just let it go and focus on the here an now to make the crazy partial move... possible, while trying to keep the illness contained, and everything else sort of moving forward!
 So January was a lot of us being sick, a box or two packed, when there wasn't a child up... in need of comfort, clean up or tears, and lots of little messes that didn't always get cleaned up because I had to play nurse first! I am grateful for my loving Heavenly Father for helping me recognize the little things that mattered... instead!

No comments: