It was great watching his expressions as we sang to our little Rohnie, so many funny faces, I just love this tough, sweet, crazy, funny, energetic, giving, handsome little man of mine, I just can't get over the fact that he is 3 now!
I am Always finding our little sqeaker in different places in his crib now that he is moving everywhere! We had to get to bed though after singing to Rohnin, because we had to be up Super early to make it to a special Stake Conference with A member of the 12 Apostles...We were honored to have Elder Bednar come and speak at our Ward that Sunday, the 17th of February...The spirit that these amazing men carry is amazing...It was such a wonderful experience! He is such a fun, down to earth speaker, and it turns out, that he is lived in Fayette Ville, Arkansas! He had some great things to share and was so encouraging! I am so very grateful we were able to be there!
This is what started to happen around Midnight Monday evening...I hear him crying abnormally and so I rush in to find him leaning over his bed looking down at the throw he just spewed onto Addy's bed...oh don't worry it was ALL over him and his bed as well. BUT I have NEVER had a child throw up THAT consistently ALL night...Literally...He threw up every 10 to 20 minutes all night...I know that my kids have a tendency to do this kind of thing, but this kind of brought it to the next level of fear for me...I laid across from him as he threw up all night it was SOOO SAD and Scary...I couldn't go to sleep because I was the bowl holder for when the poor little man would start to dry heave spit... we gave up on clothing and put blankets and towels around him...But to say it was a LONG NIGHT would be a HUGE understatement...
We were both exhausted the next day and so he slept in my bed and at some point I heard him start crying and discovered he had fallen off the bed...but he was already passed out again...SO this is him asleep on Art's side of the bed...
It was a ruff week and a half for us ALL... it turns out that he caught this evil little virus called "Noro Virus" which can seem like food poisoning... BUT WAY WORSE...AND EXTREMELY CONTAGIOUS...once we discovered this fun fact... sanitizing this house went into OVERDRIVE...I washed anything and everything he touched, we Clorox-ed, and sprayed Lysol, wiping down EVERYTHING and Anything anyone touched...BUT despite my best efforts...EVERYONE of us caught the bug...Addy was next...but only had a couple of spouts of vomiting before we gave her Zofran, which was such a gift it turns out... Then Art...Abram and finally me...
I am just so glad mine hit over the weekend cause I was in bed or the bathroom for a good day and a half and even after that I had the worst stomach pain and nausea for several days following...
But we were all needing something to take our minds off of this awful bug so I helped the kiddos make a train and it kept us ALL entertained for a good hour! Anytime Abram would see a train coming his way he would grab it...If he didn't grab it he would grab the tracks and take them apart out of frustration...After discovering this we gave him his own train in which I would place on the track just so that he could grab it without wreaking the tracks and upsetting Rohnin...very entertaining!
Our little mover...he can't pull himself up yet, except for in his crib, which we recently lowed...But he can keep himself up for a good little bit!
I think we are all calling him squeaker these days...he has THE CUTEST squeals, screams, and noises...We just love our little guy!
Rohnin finally figured out how to work the computer mouse...yep we train them early...It is SOO nice though because he can do fun little games and coloring now but I have also found that he gets it taken away more often because for some reason THIS week he has been in TEST mode with us all...pushing our no no buttons, fighting about just about everything...teasing...screaming, hitting, kicking, yep it has been a tough and interesting week...
BUT we do love our little crazy bee...he reminds us of the good the bad and the ugly and keeps us All on our toes with the things he says...The other evening I was headed to the bathroom and he stops me as I am going: Rohnin "Mama you gowin potty...???" Me: "Yes Rohnie Mama is going potty!" Rohnin-"Mama you HAVE to PUUSSSS the poopoo out WEEEWILL hard... o-k!" Me- "Oh thanks Rohnie..." We had to take a break from potty training due to someone's EXTREME stubbornness...But I continue to ask and he continues to say "No Thank you"...One day I hope (real) soon he will have a desire to go, so we keep on praying until he does...
Yep, he still army crawls but I can feel it... he is SOOO close to crawling forward, I mean just look at him...I didn't put him under him bouncy chair, I put him way over by his brother, on the other side...Yes He loves being able to get around and LOVES being in his walker now that he has that all figured out...I love seeing more and more of his little personality come out! I think I may have another mama's boy on my hands!!! I had a presidency meeting today and left him with a close friend... he cried for a good part of his stay unless he was being held...When I pulled up and he caught sight of me he just started crying...so sad...this poor little guy just loves me!!! I just adore him!!
I am soo very grateful though that February is over...it started out with Addison getting strep throat again, to Abram getting a tough ear infection, to a very sad and overwhelming loss with our Bishop's daughter being killed on her mission... in an accident. It was soo heart wrenching, she was such a beautiful young women and soo very close to her siblings and family...but it was such a beautiful reminder of our ever Loving and Giving Heavenly Father's Plan of Salvation...her funeral was beautiful! Her family was soo strong through out it and I loved hearing her sisters share some sweet memories of their sister, the musical number was amazing, and a member of the 70 came out to speak, the spirit was soo strong...I am soo very grateful for the testimony that I walked away with that day...Alesa was the third child...a giving peacemaker, an incredible missionary, and loving sister and daughter...I am honored to know her and her family and the strength they give our great ward. She is missed tremendously but the fact that we KNOW she will see her family again was clearly evident at her funeral, in all that was shared, and that she continues to serve our Heavenly Father now in Heaven...WHAT AN A-M-A-Z-I-N-G daughter of our Heavenly Father she is!! God Be with you Alesa...till we meet again...
It was a tough, emotionally...draining month...BUT I walked away with some incredible personal growth and knowledge that I have to thank our Heavenly Father for...and hope to share a little more on that later!





No comments:
Post a Comment