SO Art and I celebrated mothers day and our Anniversary last weekend! Our great weekend started off on Saturday: Art surprised me with a bouquet of beautiful flowers, a trip to a nail salon, and a couple of other things for mothers day! Then we did a little shopping for Art that night to get him ready for rotations! On Sun. I took Addy to Sunday school with me and she was great! They had a wonderful tribute to mothers in relief society and art and I enjoyed a quiet evening!
Monday Art and I celebrated our 3 Year Wedding Anniversary...with a date night and a couple of gifts! Over all Art and I have been together for 7 Years...WOW!
I had my long awaited dentist Apt. YUCK...it didn't go to well, I was cut twice by the dentist and Art went in and made a formal complaint, yeah that was interesting, but they offered me a free teeth whitening and fixed some of the mistakes the dentist had made...I still have more work to be done so it is a little unnerving... Hopefully the remainder of the work goes smoother!
Addy has been testing us A TON...We all went to the store the other night and to say the least we were both ready to pull some teeth out by the end of our grocery trip, Addy was being such a little skunk, I am praying that this will pass but she is testing her limits more and more with us and was placed in the corner for the first time on Thursday. Saying NO, hitting, and misbehaving towards me is NOT OKAY, and it was all within 30 minutes! She is SO sweet and loving and then all of a sudden if I am cleaning or not giving her attention she starts to misbehave!!! We love her though so very much, and wish we could just skip to age 4 and bybass the whole terrible twos and threes right about now, but such is life! At least she has realized that it hurts when you throw your head back on the hard floor and now just sits and kicks her legs when she doesn't get her way! The wonderful stories of parenting!





3 comments:
I am saying this from experience .. be patient because you have a long way to go ! This terrible two's doesn't go away over night. Some kids take longer ( like Douglas, who is almost 3 and is just barely starting to be somewhat nice during the day ) but just be patient with her and remember that this phase, as hard as it is, will help her as she grows older. But BE CONSISTENT and strong. Hang in there, you will do fine : ) Pray for strength and understanding. I am here if you need me or if you need any help.
3 years, how fun! we just had out 5th! it flies! she is so cute, with her big eyes!
Hey Jamie!
This is Monica (Johnston). I'm an old friend of Arts (from his mission). We met in ... 2001? Anyway, I just started a blog and I have been trying to add friends to it. Your family is so cute - what a beautiful little girl you have! :) I have been married now for 5 1/2 yrs and we have two daughters - girls are great. And we are expecting our 3rd baby in July - fun! Its great to see all your cute pics and read some of your fun notes. Blogs are neat...
About the terrible 2 & 3's .... yeah.... It can be trying. But, I honestly believe that every stage and age has its trials! :) It doesn't really get easier, just different. I have found this book really helpful - "Parenting with Love and Logic". It helps parents understand how to teach their children to make responsible choices. It also teaches parents how to teach their children that their actions have consequences. I really enjoyed the book because it helps you to better react to your children's actions. I have found that my almost 4 year old takes responsibility for her actions and understands that her actions have consequences. I think the premise for the book is empowering for both the children (who feel they have choices) and the parents (who feel they are getting through to their toddler). I can honestly say that I can see a difference in my kid as opposed to a lot of other little kids running circles around their parents. Of course, all kids are different. But this book will save you YEARS of grief. I recommend it to everyone!! Anyway... that was just my (most likely unwanted) 2 cents.
Keep you the good job being such a sweet mommy! You can tell you guys have a great, loving family :)
Monica
Post a Comment