So we made a quick stop to let Art catch is breath and I drove the rest of the way to the beautiful state of UTAH! Arthur did not have the opportunity to go to his grandpa Baird's funeral the first year we were out here in AR, and it worked out perfectly, grateful to our Loving Heavenly Father for this blessing, to were Art had just started his week vacation, so we knew we needed to go to his Grandma Baird's funeral. It was SOOO wonderful seeing family, it is a very rare treat to see Peggy's siblings and we just love Uncle Scott! Grandma Baird was such a sweet, and loving, spunky, energetic grandma! I loved watching her play card games or hear the fun stories about pet skunks, her long walks, folk dancing, and seeing her children interact with one another at her funeral, reminiscing over their sweet mama... We Miss you Grandma Baird...
We visited the Provo Temple, and a few fun parks, ate some great food with family, enjoyed the wonderful weather and of course being around and with family every chance we had!
The children just loved the play time and all the interaction we had with my cousins!
Then I had an interesting text that came from my sweet sister in law in Arizona, asking if I would be up to going to AZ for a visit since I had already made the journey this far...So we sent Art home on a plane Sunday morning and we started our drive to AZ with Art's parents...Once I realized we were going to be passing through Vegas...well I just can not go through that state with out calling our dear friends that live there! Soo...


The Hatch's drove on through and we stopped off to play with our dear friends the Nichols! We ended up staying with them till Wednesday...we tried to get a hold of a few other dear friends but it was such short notice...we enjoyed every second...we miss their friendship so very much...
We miss the Rec Centers and Amazing Parks so much...the kids had a blast!
These darling little cuties are about a month apart and played SOO great together! I loved watching them interact!
We had such a great time catching up and playing! Thank you again for letting us crash out in your home and enjoying all the fun play time Celeste and Adam miss you guys!
Then we drove the remainder of the way staying with my sweet grandma during the week day and the cabin during the weekend! We enjoyed our time so very much in both places!
My grandma is getting so very old and is was so very difficult to see her in the state that she is in...it truly is heart wrenching watching our incredible grandparents get older, I wish there was a way to do more to stop their bodies from the struggle of age...It brought back so many fond memories or Saturday dinner's, cousins, vanilla chocolate shakes, singing at the piano while my grandma played, endless memories...She can no longer play the piano...pick babies up...well being around my grandma was such a blessing...her time is limited on this earth...but I know that many await her arrival in the next life with open and eager arms...and I will be left with the incredible memories and legacy that she instilled in me forever!
Well we had a blast up at the cabin, on my way back from a drive with my mom on the ranger, I spotted this little yet BIG tarantula... decided the kiddos needed to see it and trying to be brave and go against my better judgment, got the spider into the back of the Ranger by flinging it up and in with a greeting card I had received! still a little creeped out, I thankfully did not kill or injure the spider, might have even done a "yuck can't believe I just did that" spider dance...but did get it back to let the kiddos check it out!
Then we let it go, with the help of my dad, who does not mind spiders!!
Lots of fun rides, playing in the Verde River...at the park and many other fun adventure's at the cabin enjoying cousins, grandparents and lots of in between laughter and fun!
Addy driving the quad for the first time!
Lots of owie's...
Lots of amazing memories!
A little bit of cowboy, horse riding fun!


Endless cousin play dates and tea parties!
Lots of goodies!
Lots more cousin time!
A sprained ankle yet again...same ankle twice in less than a year
















No comments:
Post a Comment