On Friday My/Our Sweet Little Abram turned the BIG ONE...such a bitter sweet day! We are ALL so in love with this little guy! His spirit of love and peace are always present when he is near! He has the sweetest little voice that can put a smile on any face! I love how he looks at each of us with such love or gets soo excited when he see one of us or the kiddos! He has learned to pulled himself up this week! He also started saying "Up" which could not be any cuter! He loves getting into the trash cans, and once he hears one of us say "uh oh" he jumps and then sways back and forth with a smile, cause he then knows he should not be doing what he is doing and then starts saying uh oh himself! He always gets a smile on his little face when he gets in trouble....lol what am I in for??? I love this smile though, because it is partly showing me that he recognizes his wrong and then a short test, after it to see if we are serious...he also has started to dance a little more!!
He Loves bath time now especially since he has learned how fun it can be to reach EVERYTHING and then try and throw the objects out of the tub!
He Loves playing with his siblings, especially when they play back by rolling balls or playing trains with him!
He Loved his mama and turns to her often through out the day constantly watching her and reminding her how much he has truly helped me love and enjoy being a mother more and more every day!
He Loves his walker, and travels quickly around to see everything he desires and can run over your lower body before you even recognize it... until the pain sets in, or rams you while trying to get your attention, if by chance you are doing the dishes, cooking, cleaning, sweeping, eating...like going from the stove to the fridge you'd think that would be an easy task until he steps directly in it and goes the same way you go, causin gyou to stumble!
He LOVES food...If it is something he likes he will eat it all up...I have NEVER had a child eat baby food this long (it has been awesome), but don't wait to long to feed him because you WILL regret it!
He loves being able to crawl wherever his he desires!
He Adores his daddy and gets very upset if for some reason dad walks away from him if he has not had his FULL share of attention from him!
Everyone was sick this last week with some type of sinus infection, cold, ear infection, etc. so we had a very low key birthday for our little cutie pie! We watched a sweet friend of ours little girl (Austyn Rollins) while her mama packed up their home...they are moving this week and are going to be missed dearly, so while she was here we decorated some cupcakes and then I had the kiddos sing Happy Birthday to him and help blow out the candles! Dad had to work late and so the Rollins met us up at Larry's Pizza for a fun time and Art met us up there on his way home from work! Abram opened a few gifts the kiddos played a few games, we all enjoyed some great pizza and chatting and we went home happy! We also discovered that our little Abram has an allergy to something??? Right before we were trying to walk out the door to Larry's he broke out in Hives (poor Little guy) we gave him some Benadryl, which helped but did not go away like it has in the past with Addy and Rohnin...we have had to continue giving him Benadryl for the last two days since...along with Ranitadine because the reaction was still spreading...BUT it is finally dissipating!
On Saturday I was privileged enough to go to our stake "Spring Fling" where they had a beautiful presentation of speakers! I was asked to be part of a genealogy presentation where I read a part and then sang hymn 126 "How Long, O Lord Most Holy and True." Abram tagged along because it was a bit too long to be absent from him, so the first half I was a bit distracted with him, and my voice well was not quite up to its normal self, due to a rough sinus infection, but the 2nd presentation went a TON smoother! I truly LOVE to sing, and probably should strive to do more of it, it is such a deep part of my soul that I miss not using my talent more often...I love the spirit that I feel and spread when I sing! My nerves ALWAYS play a part, which just reminds me that I am human!
Another exciting part of our week has been our "Potty Training Rohnin" YAY! It has been an adventure thus far but he is finally doing his business in the toilet minus, bed time, BUT we could not be prouder OR happier! I have been striving to work on my parenting and was introduced to an INCREDIBLE PROGRAM, that truly has and is reshaping me and my family in a better, more united, spiritual, way of being a parent and family! The author/founder is Nicholeen Peck and she has a program called Teaching Self Government, and an amazing book "A House United" of which I am reading...I also picked up her two children's books that have been instrumental with helping the kiddos with the concept of saying "Okay" when being asked to do something, or disagreeing appropriately when they choose to try and problem solve another way to an issue! It has also helped me implement negative and positive consequences, praise my children more and bring my anger and yelling way down...I am not perfect BUT it has gotten SOOOOOOOOOO much better in my home and I am truly grateful for finally finding something that is helping me invite the spirit of love and peace back into my home! Why am I mentioning this...BECAUSE it is helping me with potty training Rohnin and I can't tell how rewarding it is to hear Addy say "Mom can I Disagree Appropriately!" Of course I have tons of picture to post but you will have to wait! MAYBE IF I GET A FEW ENCOURAGING comments I will post some pictures sooner...hint hint! I never know who reads my blog these days, but I journal-ed a little more tonight because, well hey, it is my blog and my kids and I wanted to write a few things down for myself!!! Hope you all have a great month!
MAY 2024
2 years ago





No comments:
Post a Comment